Thursday, July 19, 2007
psychological evaluation....
Yesterday Tookie had an appointment for all of those shots you need before they let you start school so Fred took the day off to take her. He usually does take a vacation day on shot day so he can keep a close eye on his baby who was injected with the same stuff that altered the life of one of his sisters. Plus I am no longer allowed into the doctor's office on these days because on shot days, I have apparently been know to cry hard, cause a scene and make mean accusations to the doctors and nurses that I normally love.

So....since he was home for a while, I decided to keep this whole i can afford to spa and other fru-fru things like that image up and met a friend for an overpriced, very yummy designer coffee.

As usual when girls get together, we talk about all the stuff that our husbands don't want to talk about, specifically ourselves, our cycles, our hang-ups and all sorts of random things that we have in common, and as women, are able to somehow weave all together and come up with our own psychological evaluations as to why we are the way we are. most of the time it is someone else's fault.

But sometimes it's our own fault. My friend has a passion that she has often thought about turning into a part-time business. But because of both her fear of success and her fear of failure, she has kept it all to herself. We chatted through things and I told her that this is really her thing. she can make it happen if she wants to and whether she succeeds or fails at it as a business.....it does not change the fact that it is still her passion. A part of who she is.

then i went home and took my own advice

I've had a pitch letter and several clips of the work I've done ready to mail to a publishing company that specializes in the library market for children. But for some reason, maybe my fear of failure/success, I have had it sitting on a shelf just waiting patiently for an envelope and a stamp. I cleaned it up and am taking it to the post office today.

I also have a children's book written that I have shared with nobody. In the next week, I am going to type it up and send it out to various publishing companies that I think this particular book would fit in well with.

And who cares if nobody publishes it. It won't change the fact that writing is still my passion. A part of who I am.

i should be a shrink.

posted at 6:08 AM
3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need an appointment, could you help me figure out what I want to do when I grow up? Do you suppose that Trump had(has) the fear of failure?
I'll be patiently waiting that children's book. Keep trying and I have faith that you will make it, if not this time, sometime soon.

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Robin!

Great attitude. That will get you far.
I need an appointment also. Can you fit me in???

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger robin said...

ladies
ladies

I wish I could just bless you all with my ability to anylize and evaluate you and your situations.

But as it stands, i am quite busy trying to anylize and evaluate myself so I can someday become the mentally stable person that people believe me to be.

but we could get together and chat anytime! I'll try not to always talk about myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

I went a spa-ing
It's a weird day
Tip Tuesday
Photo Fun
And That Concludes.....
Sports Center Update
Writing Updates
Tip Tuesday
Happy 40th Fred!!!
Happy Belated 4th

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: