Monday, May 01, 2006
About This Site
Once Upon a Mom’s Life is part diary, part ministry, and because my most loyal readers are family members and those who read enough about me that they might as well be family, part just a way to let people know what’s up in our household.
The “diary” part is exactly like it sounds. It is my open journal about my ordinary and slightly off-beat life and the people in it. Most blog entries will come across as just some random thoughts with a laugh here and there. But because I freelance, it is possible that some of these ideas could be polished up and find their way to publication.
This blog probably reads more like a comic strip than an attempt at being a ministry. But the truth is, my passion for life and for being a mom stems from my passion for God. And that is where the ministry part comes into play. It is my hope that the words in these tales and some of the biblical life lessons I learn will be an encouragement to others. It is my prayer that heaven will look different because of them.
So come on by Once Upon a Mom’s Life often! Unless, of course, you are intimidated by a room full of preschoolers, nauseated at the thought of body fluids, have never changed a diaper in your life, or can’t stand sarcastic remarks. If that’s the case then Once Upon a Mom’s Life might not be the site for you.
The “diary” part is exactly like it sounds. It is my open journal about my ordinary and slightly off-beat life and the people in it. Most blog entries will come across as just some random thoughts with a laugh here and there. But because I freelance, it is possible that some of these ideas could be polished up and find their way to publication.
This blog probably reads more like a comic strip than an attempt at being a ministry. But the truth is, my passion for life and for being a mom stems from my passion for God. And that is where the ministry part comes into play. It is my hope that the words in these tales and some of the biblical life lessons I learn will be an encouragement to others. It is my prayer that heaven will look different because of them.
So come on by Once Upon a Mom’s Life often! Unless, of course, you are intimidated by a room full of preschoolers, nauseated at the thought of body fluids, have never changed a diaper in your life, or can’t stand sarcastic remarks. If that’s the case then Once Upon a Mom’s Life might not be the site for you.











2 Comments:
ok, i'm trying. I'm trying to leave you a comment. I can't figure out where to do that on your posts. This was the only place I found....
I'm trying to let you know I'm out there and so enjoy readying...
I haven't read much of your site yet - I just happened upon it through the QCTimes - but since I'm technically supposed to be working, I will likely get the entire thing read this morning. Anyway, I just had to mention that I have never changed a diaper in my life - and that I have a baby due in a few months. Maybe I should see if I can borrow someone's baby before then.
Post a Comment
<< Home