Monday, May 01, 2006
About Me
Welcome to Once Upon a Mom’s Life! I’m Robin.
I am a humor and inspirational writer. I write a regular, reality-based humor column for a local (to me) newspaper about the funny, and sometimes, not so funny, moments of motherhood. I also stay busy doing freelance work for a variety of other publications. The money I earn from writing doesn’t necessarily put the bread on our table, but it does afford the butter. And possibly a “future therapy for the children” fund. Or, if needed, bail money.
I am a stay-at-home-mom to 4 awesome kids. Raising kids has proved to be the most difficult thing I have ever done. Before I had kids, I believed that if I poured my heart and soul into the whole parenting thing, that my kids would turn out to be great leaders, best-selling authors, and other above average members of society.
Now I am hoping that none of my children will turn out to be a threat to society.
Or end up on the Jerry Springer Show.
I am a Christian. I tell you this because it is probably the most identifying factor about me. Not in a “Bible-Thumping-I-Can-Quote-A-Scripture-For-Everything” sort of way. But more like an “I’m-A-Real-Mom-Trying-My-Best-To-Stay-The-Narrow-Path” sort of way.
Hopefully, I might be able to lead others down that path as well.
I am a humor and inspirational writer. I write a regular, reality-based humor column for a local (to me) newspaper about the funny, and sometimes, not so funny, moments of motherhood. I also stay busy doing freelance work for a variety of other publications. The money I earn from writing doesn’t necessarily put the bread on our table, but it does afford the butter. And possibly a “future therapy for the children” fund. Or, if needed, bail money.
I am a stay-at-home-mom to 4 awesome kids. Raising kids has proved to be the most difficult thing I have ever done. Before I had kids, I believed that if I poured my heart and soul into the whole parenting thing, that my kids would turn out to be great leaders, best-selling authors, and other above average members of society.
Now I am hoping that none of my children will turn out to be a threat to society.
Or end up on the Jerry Springer Show.
I am a Christian. I tell you this because it is probably the most identifying factor about me. Not in a “Bible-Thumping-I-Can-Quote-A-Scripture-For-Everything” sort of way. But more like an “I’m-A-Real-Mom-Trying-My-Best-To-Stay-The-Narrow-Path” sort of way.
Hopefully, I might be able to lead others down that path as well.











6 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hi Robin,
I just showed Logan your picture in the Advocate and said "Who is this?" He replied, "Robin, I love Robin" He had a big grin on his face. :)
Love your blog, Robin. I remember those days of having 4 children in 5 years and reading your entries brings back all those wild and fun times. Cherish every minute because they are gone in a twinkling. People tell you that and you never believe them until all of a sudden you have grandchildren and you wonder where did those 30 years go? (I especially enjoyed the basketball game "report.")
I just happened upon your blog while looking at the QC Times website. I have to say that from the little I have read, you are an amaziing woman! I blog occasionally on yahoo and always enjoying peering into others lives. I have 2 pre-teen children myself and am also a Christian so I doubly enjoyed what I have read. I plan on putting your blog on my favorites list so I can cry, laugh and praise right along with you.
God bless your sense of humor at life's little "tragedies"!!
Post a Comment
<< Home