Thursday, July 12, 2007
Sports Center Update


You know Nathan made the All Star Team (insert enthusiastic cheering and applause)


Well this week has been the first week of Pool play for his team with games Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Monday's game was cut short due to lightning. We will finish that one up tonight. It' s the bottom of the 4th, the boys are up 11 to 7, (1 out?), Nathan's in scoring position on 3rd base, batter up has a 2-2 count.




Tuesday they lost to a Burlington team.


Last night they won against another Burlington team.




I'm going to just assume that they will win tonight's game. I don't know how many teams are supposed to advance, but if it's the top 2 from each pool, then I think we will. If not then we are probably done.
Bonus Tip: When lightning strikes and it's time to head home from the ball park, do not drive directly into the storm. Unless you are feeling adventurous. And your kids aren't the type to freak out and believe that their lives are coming to an end.....

posted at 6:08 AM
3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your comical insight to motherhood. Good Luck to your son's team to win the game tonight.

Also, thanks for stopping by my guestbook. Not sure how you found me but was nice to see your name there.

Have a good day and I look forward to reading your posts. I'm not chicken to leave a comment (bawk, bawk, bawk) but I usually don't have much to say (unlike today I guess).

Congrats on doing some work for the QC Kids Guide. I downloaded the last issue. I thought it was nice to see what all was going on for the kids and the family.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go All Stars! Keep up the good work. I know it is exciting being a parent watching that. Just another "Proud Mom" moment. We have missed you at Vacation Bible School though.
I can see where driving into the storm wouldn't be a good thing for me to do either. I have a storm spook at my house too.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Nathan has his name on his shirt and everything. How cool!
Good luck to them. I hope that they can keep going. Let us know before the games are played so we can come to see Nathan play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Writing Updates
Tip Tuesday
Happy 40th Fred!!!
Happy Belated 4th
G.O.T G.U.T.S.?
Happy Birthday Baby Girl
It's never to early....
Tip Tuesday
The Weekend Update
Just the Girls

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: