Tuesday, February 13, 2007
We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Program....
I've been wanting to spend some time to talk about some of the things on my heart. But what with all the breaking news about my psycho dreams, issues with PMS and filling the world in on my weight....I haven't had the chance to slip it into any of these posts.

By the way......I'm not being brave telling you how much I weigh....reread the above paragraph and see if that gives any clues as to my current state of being. Being brave is not one of them.


So.....I'm going to spend the next few posts talking about things God has especially placed on my heart and they just simply. must. get. out. of. my. head. I promise to do my best to leave out any reference to body parts, fluids and other things you may have come to expect here at once upon a mom's life.

Yes. I do think about other things.

Let me start with this blog.
I had this desire within me to encourage moms to see their position as more than just a role....to see it as a mission. I almost named this blog "The Mission of Motherhood.....Changing the World, One Diaper at a Time".
But then I started getting all self conscious about people thinking that I thought that I had all the answers to being the perfect mom. The perfect mom just does not exist. And I didn't want others to think I was trying to come off as being the exception to that.

So I went with the whole fairy tale theme......it is actually more fitting to my personality.

But "The Mission of Motherhood" is still something that I think about all the time. Before Jesus left his disciples he tells them to go into the whole world and share the gospel. He gives them sort of a roadmap for this somewhere in Acts....(1:8) He tells them to start in Jerusalem, then Judea and Samaria and then to the ends of the earth. Big jump there at the end, don't you think?

But I think His point was to be a disciple right where you are. At home. (Jerusalem was pretty much considered "home" to them.) And then when you start to see some results there.....go on to your extended circles of influence.....your friends, neighbors and others you encounter. (this would be like the "neighboring nations" of Judea and then Samaria) And then from there....the ends of the earth.

As a mom....I don't think the "ends of the earth" means packing up and leaving town to go live in an underdeveloped area of the world. It could for some. But for me I'm thinking that if I am obedient in the areas of my home and circles of influence.....there is no telling how far-reaching this influence could ultimately be.

Practically Speaking....how does this happen? How do we as moms do this in 2007 in our culture? That is what I was thinking "The Mission of Motherhood...." blog would be about.

Well-Well-Well......I shared some thoughts on ministry without even mentioning how my throat feels like I swallowed a glob of play-dough.

Stay tuned.....I got a whole lot more.

posted at 9:29 AM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Cathy Fry said...

I like the other title, maybe you could have another blog titled that and you could have two blogs. Keep on keeping on with the mom's ministry, it's starting, even if you don't think it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

I Think I Want My Mommy
Here's What I Do Know
Question of the Day
The Bird
Babysitter Emergencies
Checklist for a Bomb?
Driving Past Hell
AH-HAH!
Watching SpongeBob is a Spiritual Thing To Do
Our First Basketball Game

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: