Friday, January 26, 2007
Our First Basketball Game
Last Tuesday we all went to a varsity double header here in Durant. All of us. As in...2 of us and 4 of them.
Nathan and Marisa did good. They are more used to going to this stuff. I usually stay home with the younger 2, but was feeling rather brave last Tuesday.
Besides the fact that I didn't see much basketball....it was fun.....if you enjoy spending time in public restrooms.
The evening started out with me stuffing them full of food before we left the house with strict instructions to not. ask. for. anything. at the concessions.
I walked out of the gym with one of the girls to go to the bathroom and came back to see that Daddy had bought some pop and popcorn. Claire says "I just told dad I was starving.....I didn't ask."
On our way up the bleachers to our seat Danielle tripped and her face sort of bounced off of the step ahead of us. Big bruise and bump. Lots of tears. Looking at where she landed, I could see that she was probably just a hair off from that fall warranting a trip to the hospital.
I sat down again when Claire says she thinks she drank too much pop cause now she has to go to the bathroom. I took her.
That happened one more time and I said to go by herself. A minute later she came running back saying she couldn't get the door to lock. So I left the gym again.
This bathroom trip Claire notices the big metal box on the wall and wants to know what it is.
"Tampons", I say.
"What are tampons?" she says.
"Those things that mommy has in her bathroom," I say.
"What do you do with those things?" she says.
"I'm not going to tell you right now". I say.
"Why....is it a secret?" she says.
"Yes." I say.
"Then just tell me in my ear." she says.
When we got back to the gym, Danielle had to go.
Next game I go to I am sitting on the bottom bleachers. No more up and down stuff....and nobody for Danielle to throw her popcorn seeds at. Except the basketball players. The ones that I probably won't get to see because I am in the bathroom.
Nathan and Marisa did good. They are more used to going to this stuff. I usually stay home with the younger 2, but was feeling rather brave last Tuesday.
Besides the fact that I didn't see much basketball....it was fun.....if you enjoy spending time in public restrooms.
The evening started out with me stuffing them full of food before we left the house with strict instructions to not. ask. for. anything. at the concessions.
I walked out of the gym with one of the girls to go to the bathroom and came back to see that Daddy had bought some pop and popcorn. Claire says "I just told dad I was starving.....I didn't ask."
On our way up the bleachers to our seat Danielle tripped and her face sort of bounced off of the step ahead of us. Big bruise and bump. Lots of tears. Looking at where she landed, I could see that she was probably just a hair off from that fall warranting a trip to the hospital.
I sat down again when Claire says she thinks she drank too much pop cause now she has to go to the bathroom. I took her.
That happened one more time and I said to go by herself. A minute later she came running back saying she couldn't get the door to lock. So I left the gym again.
This bathroom trip Claire notices the big metal box on the wall and wants to know what it is.
"Tampons", I say.
"What are tampons?" she says.
"Those things that mommy has in her bathroom," I say.
"What do you do with those things?" she says.
"I'm not going to tell you right now". I say.
"Why....is it a secret?" she says.
"Yes." I say.
"Then just tell me in my ear." she says.
When we got back to the gym, Danielle had to go.
Next game I go to I am sitting on the bottom bleachers. No more up and down stuff....and nobody for Danielle to throw her popcorn seeds at. Except the basketball players. The ones that I probably won't get to see because I am in the bathroom.











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home