Wednesday, January 10, 2007
The First "Oh-Well"
Tookie was singing along in church last weekend to the song "The First Noel". In her prettiest singing voice, she proudly sang along the way she heard it....here is part of it with the chorus:
"The-uh fir-rst Oh Well, the an-gels did say, was to certain poor shepherds in fields where they lay....... Oh-Well, Oh Well.....O-ohwell, Ohwell. Born is the king of Isreal"
Ain't she just cute?
I haven't been writing much the last couple of weeks. I have no reason. Other than not feeling like I have much of a direction. Plus... something close to EVERY TIME I sit down at the computer something freezes up or doesn't work properly. That sort of zaps some of the inspiration right out of anything. Unless you would be inspired by references to the "stupid machine" with lots of naughty words sprinkled throughout. I didn't think so.
Things just seem sort of blah for me around here. For some reason every January when most people are focused on their new year's resolutions....I seem to not be able to figure out what my focus should be. And making a new-year's resolution is not the answer for me. I would have more luck finding the missing socks in the dryer or inheriting a ton of money than I would at keeping any sort of new year's resolution.
For now I guess I'll just join my daughter in the chorus and sing......"oh-well.....ohwell.....o-oh well......oh well....."
"The-uh fir-rst Oh Well, the an-gels did say, was to certain poor shepherds in fields where they lay....... Oh-Well, Oh Well.....O-ohwell, Ohwell. Born is the king of Isreal"
Ain't she just cute?
I haven't been writing much the last couple of weeks. I have no reason. Other than not feeling like I have much of a direction. Plus... something close to EVERY TIME I sit down at the computer something freezes up or doesn't work properly. That sort of zaps some of the inspiration right out of anything. Unless you would be inspired by references to the "stupid machine" with lots of naughty words sprinkled throughout. I didn't think so.
Things just seem sort of blah for me around here. For some reason every January when most people are focused on their new year's resolutions....I seem to not be able to figure out what my focus should be. And making a new-year's resolution is not the answer for me. I would have more luck finding the missing socks in the dryer or inheriting a ton of money than I would at keeping any sort of new year's resolution.
For now I guess I'll just join my daughter in the chorus and sing......"oh-well.....ohwell.....o-oh well......oh well....."











1 Comments:
First of all, I apologize for not responding to your day after Christmas comment. Procrastination comes easy for me.
I know what you are going through. Sometimes the words and thoughts flow like mercury and other times they ooze like molasses. The latter is where I am at now. As for the resolutions, making them on a specific day is worthless. I have accomplished a lot by waking up and saying today is the day. Sometimes years too late, but hey, if it is for the better then its never too late.
Anyway, hope you get through your molasses period in quick order.
Post a Comment
<< Home