Monday, December 11, 2006
Ultimate Fighter...Pat Miletich
Did you happen to catch 60 Minutes on CBS last night? One of the segments was on the sport of ultimate fighting. They focused on how the sport has come a long way from (what it seems like to me) your basic no-rules-street-fighting to what I think they called a mixed martial arts sport. There are rules. And it's more than just boxing....but matial arts and other stuff that I am not going to try to convince you that I understand.
I wanted to watch the show because Pat Miletich was one of the featured fighters. No suprises there. You can't really talk about ultimate fighting without talking about Miletich. And Miletich is from the Quad Cities and has his own gym where he teaches the sport. A lot of great, nationally known fighters are graduates of Miletich's program.
I can't really say that I am a fan of the sport. But I am a Miletich fan. I have never met the guy, but am told by some friends that his influence goes far beyond fighting in the ring. He is a man who uses his influence to win the ultimate fight in life: Living a life that is pleasing to God and helping others do the same. I am a huge fan of that! If you check out his website, be sure to click on "Miracles Can Happen Boys Ranch" to learn about a cause he supports.
I think we might just have something in common. I hope I get a chance to meet him and get his autograph.
I wanted to watch the show because Pat Miletich was one of the featured fighters. No suprises there. You can't really talk about ultimate fighting without talking about Miletich. And Miletich is from the Quad Cities and has his own gym where he teaches the sport. A lot of great, nationally known fighters are graduates of Miletich's program.
I can't really say that I am a fan of the sport. But I am a Miletich fan. I have never met the guy, but am told by some friends that his influence goes far beyond fighting in the ring. He is a man who uses his influence to win the ultimate fight in life: Living a life that is pleasing to God and helping others do the same. I am a huge fan of that! If you check out his website, be sure to click on "Miracles Can Happen Boys Ranch" to learn about a cause he supports.
I think we might just have something in common. I hope I get a chance to meet him and get his autograph.











2 Comments:
Robin,
If you really want his autograph, he might be at the Quad City Suzuki this Saturday, for a fundraiser for the Boys Ranch from 1 - 3 they will be accepting donations for the Boys Ranch, as they greet fans, sign autographs, pose for photographs, and sell special edition T-shirts. Free hot wings and drinks provided courtesy of Hooters Restaurant,and live broadcast of the fundraiser, courtesy of Cumulus Radio. Just found all this out today, we will be there from 1 - 2:30 Jim has to get back to milk. Just thought if you really wanted his autograph theirs your chance.
Love ya,
Cathy
Its GREAT that those who are famous try to do things for God...they really have the opportunity to spread The Word don't they? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home