Thursday, November 16, 2006
Trash Talk and Bedroom Humor
This morning Danielle and I went to the library which is in the same building as City Hall. As I walked in, Cathy who works for the city, stopped to give me $5 in orange trash stickers.....the kind that you need to purchase when you have extra trash that doesn't fit in the can or big things like a treadmill.
A few weeks ago we threw away our treadmill because the motor was burnt out. (not because it got too much use....it was just old) Fred went to city hall to buy some trash stickers for it. They said it would be $10.
Today she reimbursed me for half of that. She said that on that trash day the city clerk was driving around checking out trash and she thought our treadmill was much smaller than what she pictured and should not have cost $10 to throw out.
Hence: $5 in orange trash stickers.
I thought it was my lucky day really until the following thought occurred to me:
The city clerk was checking out our trash?
Not sure if I should be concerned about that at all. You really can learn a lot about us by the things we throw away.
I'll bet you are wondering what I could possibly mean by the last part of this post's title.....
Last night Fred took a shower and rolled into bed. After adjusting the pillows he ran across an item that, upon first glance, needed to be explained. And even after the second glance....it still needed to be explained.
Here it is.....

At first glance....this is not what it looks like. In natural daylight you can clearly read the words "dark chocolate" on the wrapper. 60% cocoa to be exact. I had to prove that this package really did contain my square of chocolate.
So the next quesion was...."what are you doing with a piece of chocolate under your pillow?"
"Well you see....I was in the mood for some chocolate before bed but I had to get this piece out of the freezer and I just stuck in under my pillow so it would thaw just a bit. And now...it is perfect. Wanna try it?"
The look on Fred's face was a cross between utter disbelief and shock with his mouth open like he wanted to say something but couldn't.
I think this reaction was because he knew that what he just heard was the God's honest truth.
A few weeks ago we threw away our treadmill because the motor was burnt out. (not because it got too much use....it was just old) Fred went to city hall to buy some trash stickers for it. They said it would be $10.
Today she reimbursed me for half of that. She said that on that trash day the city clerk was driving around checking out trash and she thought our treadmill was much smaller than what she pictured and should not have cost $10 to throw out.
Hence: $5 in orange trash stickers.
I thought it was my lucky day really until the following thought occurred to me:
The city clerk was checking out our trash?
Not sure if I should be concerned about that at all. You really can learn a lot about us by the things we throw away.
I'll bet you are wondering what I could possibly mean by the last part of this post's title.....
Last night Fred took a shower and rolled into bed. After adjusting the pillows he ran across an item that, upon first glance, needed to be explained. And even after the second glance....it still needed to be explained.
Here it is.....

At first glance....this is not what it looks like. In natural daylight you can clearly read the words "dark chocolate" on the wrapper. 60% cocoa to be exact. I had to prove that this package really did contain my square of chocolate.
So the next quesion was...."what are you doing with a piece of chocolate under your pillow?"
"Well you see....I was in the mood for some chocolate before bed but I had to get this piece out of the freezer and I just stuck in under my pillow so it would thaw just a bit. And now...it is perfect. Wanna try it?"
The look on Fred's face was a cross between utter disbelief and shock with his mouth open like he wanted to say something but couldn't.
I think this reaction was because he knew that what he just heard was the God's honest truth.











1 Comments:
You had me worried with the title at first! :) LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home