Thursday, October 26, 2006
Free Drugs at School
This week is national Red Ribbon Week. I understand that a lot of schools will have different-wacky dress days to celebrate the week. Last year I remember "crazy sock day" when all the kids wore thier craziest or mismatched socks. That day was called "sock it to drugs". There were other dress days with some clever theme for the day....but I can't remember them. (too many drugs, I guess)

So this week isn't any different. Except the kids are just dressing up. No mention of drugs. The kids can't even tell me what "Red Ribbon Week" stands for.

Except for Claire.

When asked if she could rembember the teacher saying what Red Ribbon Week was for she replied.....
"Free Drugs."
Claire....what do you mean "free drugs"?
"You know. Drugs are free."

Oh.

I came to later find out that the kids were told the theme for this week was "Look at Me, I'm Drug Free".

That's a little different than "free drugs". Funny. But different.

This story reminds me of when Nathan was a first grader and Marisa was in kindergarten. On "drug free" week then, I remember them coming home and whispering to each other about something quite serious. When asked they said they were just counting how many drugs thier mommy and daddy just had.

Alcohol is a drug.
I am fairly certain they went to school and told the school nurse during thier class discussion that thier mommy and daddy did drugs.

Here's one more Paulsen Family Drug Story.....

When I went to vote at the last presidential election I had a preschooler and toddler in tow. While I was in that little voting booth thing.....The two little pep-rally-ers were circling the booth while marching and chanting "FOUR MORE YEARS....FOUR MORE YEARS....."

Except it sounded like they were chanting "four more beers! four more beers!"

That's it for today's drug-story-confessions. Come back often to check out what scandalous things the Paulsens will be up to next.....

Unless you would rather stand in a line for cheap drugs at walmart for 3 hours while the old woman behind you tells you about every drug on her list, what it's for, "procedures" she has had and procedures she is gonna have...."
Go take a pill instead.

posted at 8:48 AM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Robbie-
Just wanted to say I love you and I love reading these little blurbs about your life. I'm thinking of you always. Love you ~me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

"F" is for Frog
A Rhyme to my Reason
Ministry
The Friday Funnies
Told Ya
A Comment About Comments
Happy Birthday Claire!
Homecoming, Hair and a Field Trip with the 3rd Gra...
Did Iowa forget to turn it's calendar? Or is Iowa...
Let Me Explain

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: