Wednesday, October 25, 2006
"F" is for Frog

"F" is not for "duck".

This week is "f" week in preschool. The kids in Danielle's class are encouraged to bring things that start with "f" for show and share.

So on Monday morning Danielle asks me if we can go to the pond to get a frog for show and share. The only unusual thing about this request was that she was serious. Never mind that we don't live anywhere near a pond. Or that a live frog would freak her out.

So I had to be totally uncooperative and say "no". How dare I?

Since she couldn't take a real frog from a real pond, she refused to take anything.
Today was the same story.

When I picked her up from school today I asked what she did.
"We went fishing for f-words! Here, I'll show you!"
Danielle then pulls out various pictures with paperclips taped to them so they could fish for for thier f-words with a magnet on a string.

(just a side thought here....how can the preschool teacher even say "f-word" over and over with a straight face?)

Back to the fishing story.....
"Fah-Fah-Football starts with F!" and she catches the picture of the football.
"Fah-Fah-Flag starts with F" and she cathces the picture of the flag.
"Fah-Fah-Duck...nope....duck doesn't start with F" and she flips that picture over...

Except that she didn't say "duck" the first time.

I'm saying this tongue in cheek....but a picture of a duck to throw you off on the "fishing for f-words" game really shouldn't be included in the preschool curriculum.

The f-word week reminds me of driving to Chicago from St. Louis when we took our summer vacation. We stopped in a town called "Effing" to eat and call Fred's brother who lives in Chicago to tell them when we would be arriving. I was so bad and i dared Fred to leave the message and say that it was "1:00 and we were in Effing Illinois"

He wouldn't do it. Fun-hater.

posted at 10:36 AM
3 comments



3 Comments:
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The preschool teacher can not say that with a straight face. Believe me. Teachers still get to have fun that is over the kids heads!!! I can not believe that Fred would not leave that message. That is so funny.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,

How cute! I agree the duck picture needs to be thrown in the pond, (the pond you refused to go to for your baby daughter that really wanted a frog to take to show and share, how dare you, what kind of mom are you?) I can't believe you. After all is this the same girl that didn't want to walk in the tall grass at my place? But she wanted a frog, wow, what a change! HA HA

Love ya Robin, you and Fred are doing a great job raising your 4 beautiful children! Keep on keepin on!

Cathy

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we travel from Memphis to Chicago to visit family, we always stop in Effingham, IL. I have always thought the same way...and my dh and I always get a chuckle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

A Rhyme to my Reason
Ministry
The Friday Funnies
Told Ya
A Comment About Comments
Happy Birthday Claire!
Homecoming, Hair and a Field Trip with the 3rd Gra...
Did Iowa forget to turn it's calendar? Or is Iowa...
Let Me Explain
Works For Me Wednesday

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: