Monday, October 09, 2006
Happy Birthday Claire!

Claire celebrated her 6th birthday on Saturday.

Actually, she celebrated Friday, inviting a friend for her very first sleepover, Saturday, for pizza and presents and the real deal party, and today she will celebrate again at school.

And being six is a really big deal. First of all, it is one whole hand of fingers PLUS the thumb of your other hand. For Sure. It is also a big deal because six year olds can have a friend sleep over and kids who have friends sleep over are much older than five year olds and others who can't. AND six year olds can go up to the concession stand and buy their OWN popcorn with their OWN money all by their OWN selves. Well.

I can't believe that my baby Claire is growing up so fast. When we were at Happy Joes she played a car racing game where she came in last place. BUT....she actually knew how to play the game (five-year-olds don't, you see), steering and all....keeping the car in the general vacinity of the street it was supposed to be on.

All I could think when I was watching her race her car was that 10 years from now she will be driving a real car.

This growing up thing must be stopped.

But then last night when I went into her room to check on her before I hit the sack, I saw my sweet-six-year-old all cozy in her fuzzy-feet pajamas and snuggled up close with her teddy bear.

I guess she isn't going away to college just yet.
But just in case, I'm not going to blink ever again.

posted at 11:23 AM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Six that's lets see, one, two, three, four, five, six, (yep you do need your thumb) years old. Where does the time go? What a lovely young lady Claire has become.

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robin,
You're right, don't blink. I blinked a couple of times and now my baby is graduating college AND getting married! Claire looks so sweet--happy birthday Claire.
I love reading your blogs--you help me keep real life in persective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Homecoming, Hair and a Field Trip with the 3rd Gra...
Did Iowa forget to turn it's calendar? Or is Iowa...
Let Me Explain
Works For Me Wednesday
Bad Hair Day
No More Stinky
Running Away With The Circus
I Did It.
Article in the Local Paper
The Last First Day

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: