Thursday, September 28, 2006
Let Me Explain
Dear Freddy,

I'd like to explain the reason for the condition of the house you are coming home to.

First of all...Don't you just love the cool fall air? You can't get too much fresh air, right? That wonderful breeze blowing in every window of our house is just what this house needed for some crisp, fresh air.

And to let all of the smoke out.

If you would like some food, grab yourself a bowl of cereal. I'd like to heat up a plate of chicken and fries, but when I was burning the meal, it started to look like burnt flesh....I didn't think you would like that.

And the wet carpet?.....Well...that's sort of funny. I'm sure you are gonna laugh. You see, when I was burning our dinner, our fire alarm went off. At the exact right time that two of your daughters were showering. It was so cute how they dutifully ran out of the shower and didn't stop to dry off or dress. I tried to stop laughing at them when they were clearly terrified and wondering why I am not having them get out fast. They are just so innocent and precious. Anyway...this led to the sopping wet carpet.

Didn't we teach them well?

Oh and you won't believe how polite they were when we sat down to dinner and I tried to convince them that what I was feeding them was actually food. After some carefull thought, they all gave me a "No Thank You".

What good manners.

Anyways....cereal is in the cupboard and milk in the fridge. Or you can help yourself to anything there that looks microwavable. You can probably close a couple of the windows before you come to bed. Just leave the fans on the carpet.

I have a great idea for tomorrow.....let's go out to eat. I'm pretty sure we can talk the kids into that idea as well.

Love,
Your Adoring Wife

posted at 3:32 PM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do enjy your writings, Robin. You are such a good mom, but cooking just doesn't seem to be your specialty. I think I knew this way back when, beore kids for you, but when you were taking care of my little one. Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Works For Me Wednesday
Bad Hair Day
No More Stinky
Running Away With The Circus
I Did It.
Article in the Local Paper
The Last First Day
Monday: My Mother-in-Love
Friends
Strike 3...He Gone!

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: