Thursday, September 07, 2006
Article in the Local Paper
Okay family.....I promised you I would keep you up on all of the published articles I have been writing.
Check out this most recent one in the Advocate News.
The following is another article published in the August issue of the Durant News and Views....
Thanks for asking about what I'm writing!
Check out this most recent one in the Advocate News.
The following is another article published in the August issue of the Durant News and Views....
The Top 10 Things I Learned
On Summer Vacation
By: Robin Paulsen
For the News and Views
The last half of our summer has been crazy-busy. It’s been a good kind of crazy-busy, although the crazy part of the equation borders on the dangerously mental side of the line. Of course, if you are a regular reader of these columns then this probably does not surprise you in the least.
Thank you for your nice comments on these articles and thank you for asking about our vacation. St. Louis was great. The drive there was fabulous, as mama got a new van beforehand with bells, whistles and, most importantly, air conditioning. We had fun at Six Flags, Grant’s Farm, visiting the Budweiser Clydesdale Stables, and going to the top of the Arch. We also got to experience near bouts of heat exhaustion, our campsite trailer nearly being whisked away in a storm and, on one special occasion, we were mistaken for a homeless family. It was all definitely an adventure for the memory bank!
I would love to go into great detail about all of these and other adventures in the Paulsen home and share some photos too. If you are interested in following any more stories like these, I chronicle all of it on my website. This site originally started out as a way to keep up to date with friends and family. I’d like to invite all of you who read enough about my family that you might as well be family to stop by anytime. It’s called “Once Upon a Mom’s Life” and the address is http://www.robinpaulsen.blogspot.com/. There you will find plenty more meaningless ramblings that may or may not be entertaining to you. Stop by and say hi.
I’ll leave you this month with this….
The top 10 Things I learned on Summer Vacation
1.) How to activate my mommy super-powers and be at 3 different ballparks at the same time.
2.) Stretch marks do not tan.
3.) How to get a bug out of my bra without looking like I’m getting a bug out of my bra.
4.) If your campsite neighbor can swim and smoke at the same time, he is probably a redneck.
5.) If you and your husband start talking about going camping for an anniversary, then you have probably become a redneck.
6.) Preschoolers and poorly lit porta-pottys do not mesh well.
7.) How to keep an outdoor plant alive for 3 months and counting.
8.) Yogi Bear is real.
9.) If you are hanging out with your family in the lobby of your hotel after a long and hot day outdoors while the kids complain of hunger, someone might think you are homeless.
10.) The only thing worse than having big storms going through your campground and hearing the park ranger instruct everyone to seek shelter in the campground shower rooms…..is to be taking a shower in the shower rooms at the time this announcement is made.
Thanks for asking about what I'm writing!











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home