Thursday, August 24, 2006
First Day Jitters

Holy-Shmoly.

The day that Claire has been waiting for her whole life is here. We have been counting down the days to kindergarten since round-up last spring. She has been ready to go.

Until last night. During dinner she asked me if I would like to spend some time with just her since this was her last day before her first day. She said it like it was the last day she was to be a child....because when she woke up, she'd be grown up from then on out.

When we were reading and talking and tucking into bed she asked to talk about kindergarten.

Then she mentioned that maybe I could do "that homeschool thing" with her.

She was scared.

Now I don't see this girl scared very often. Sometimes I wish she would be more scared about certain things. This was some new territory for me with my Claire.

We visited and she agreed to try this kindergarten thing out for a day and then get back to me on what she thought. I am sure she is gonna love every second of it. But if not, I have approximately 6 hours to think of what to say.

Anyways, she walked right up to her line and, even though I could tell she was really nervous...She put on the bravest face I have ever seen from her. Ever.

When she walked through those doors I got this jittery feeling in my stomach. I cannot even begin to tell you how nervous I am on Claire's first day of Kindergarten. Maybe that "homeschool thing" isn't all that bad of an idea!

posted at 7:24 AM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went through this last year. I'm sure your little one is full of great stories and excitement after a day at Kindergarten. :)

By the end of the year, you'll be amazed at how much she knows and how many new friends she has.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger robin said...

After the first day...Claire came home and was very quiet and very tired. She really didn't want to talk about school. Which suprised me. She informed me that if I wanted to talk about kindergarten then I could meet her in her room....where she proceeded to sob and say how she only got to see her brother and sister for 4 minutes and they never did anything on the computer. Kindergarten wasn't her thing.

Day two: She came home skipping with a smile on her face.

I predict that by the end of next week she will be ruling the school.

Robin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Operation:Backyard Wedding....success!
There's a Backyard in my Wedding Today
Local Column
Miracles Happen
Golden Anniversary
Trailers, Tornados and Some Other Totally Redneck ...
Photo Friday & Comment of the Week
Paulsen Family Vacation
A Day of News
Happy 4th Everyone!

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: