I have spent the last couple of weeks totally and completely cleaning my house for my brother Lance's big day.
Which means I have spent the last couple of weeks kind of being the mean mom.
I would clean a room and then ban everybody from it. The more rooms that were cleaned meant less places to be. So I conceded to let my family continue to live here as long as it didn't look like they do.
The house looks nice. And the backyard looks awesome. And at night, with it all lit up with white lights....it looks downright breathtaking.
Lance and Cristina have asked me to say a few words after the wedding and I haven't actually sat down to write my ideas...which is unusual for me since writing is sort of how I think. I'm not sure what I'll say...but this is what I'll be thinking...
When you first asked me to say something tonight, the first thing that popped into my head was how I still owe you (Lance) for a little prank you played on me some years ago.
You know what they say about paybacks!?
It's a pleasure to host your wedding at my home. And I figured it was the least I could do considering the slight guilt I feel about your short engagement.
In my prayers, I thought I would use a little tactic that seemed to be rather effective with another sibling of mine. It went something like this........"Dear God. Please don't allow Lance to have a decent night's sleep until he marries that girl already".
Yeah God for answered prayers!!!!
Seriously, I love you Lance and am honored that you would want to share your big day with everyone in my home. There is nothing that I would not do for my little brother.
And that goes for his beautiful bride as well. Welcome to our family, Cristina.
My new prayer is for some sweet sleep....for the rest of your lives.
So that's what I'll be thinking. But it will probably come out like "To the Bride and Groom!"











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home