
10 years ago today I married my prince charming!
I didn't title this post "Golden Anniversary" because 10 years feels like 50. It just feels golden to me because being married for 10 years to the same person seems like a fairy tale in this culture. Especially being happily married.
Unless you are a celebrity. Then being married for 10 days is considered a marital success.
It also feels so golden to me because a lot of people did not think our marriage would last. The circumstances we were in when we got married left some people to believe that we had to get married. Nobody actually said anything to us about that, but the words of those people did travel our way. Each year we celebrate an anniversary I say a big "Ha! Bet you didn't think we'd make it this far!". In my head, of course. Now that we made it to the big one-zero, I am saying a big "HA HA!"
Another reason 10 years feels so golden to me is that we have had so many life altering changes since we got married....and we are stronger, not weaker because of them. Statistically in marriages, this is not normal.
But I suppose it helps that Fred knew I was nowhere near normal before he ever said "I do"...
10 years, 4 kids, 4 job changes, 3 houses, lots of debt and an uncountable amount of ruined and burnt dinners later....we still smile at each other every day. Fred still suprises me with the occassional bottle of wine and roses and he still treats me like I am the hottest chick to walk the planet. He loves me even though I am not the same person I was when we got married. Funny how having kids can do that to a person. And he still loves me even though he is totally familiar with all of the flaws that I conveniently kept to myself while we were dating!
And he has never made me mow the lawn.
Happy Anniversary Freddy. Thanks for sticking with me for the last 10 years and for the next 10 to come.
That is better than gold to me.











3 Comments:
Happy 1oth anniversary Fred & Robin from Wellington, New Zealand. Very well done. As you wish so do I, that the next ten years will be even better.
Go well,
Terry
This is a beautiful post, and a beautiful photograph, too.
Honey, you ARE a "hot chick," make no mistake! LOL Seriously, you look great.
I love to hear wives delighting in their husbands....thank you for this lovely, uplifting post.
And keep writing! :)
(Eric and I are celebrating our 18th anniversary on Aug. 13.)
Robin,
I love reading your posts. You seriously do inspire me to be a better person and to remember to delight in those things that I seem to take for granted. And I TOTALLY can relate to your feelings on your marriage. God Bless you and your family. I wish we were closer. You are a great person. By the way, how did you do all that fancy stuff with your website????? And I definitely need to get a digital camera.
Love ya,
Marlo
Post a Comment
<< Home