Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Top 10 Things You Don't Think You Have To Say....Except That You Really Do
I'm all into "top 10" lists lately.

When my brother got married, his bride asked me if I would say a few words at the reception. I'm not one to pass up an opportunity to use a microphone in front of a big crowd.

So I crafted a well-thought-out and very moving speech to give.

The title of it was "The Top 10 Reasons To Suspect You've Married into a Redneck Family"
I'll probably post that here sometime. Just not today.

I do however have a "Top 10" for you. I really don't have to dream these ideas up, they just seem to really happen.

The Top 10 Things You Don't Think
You Have To Say.....
Except That You Really Do
1. Are you wearing clean underwear today?
2. Are you wearing underwear today? (I'm not kidding, Nathan just looked down his shorts and said "oops....forgot to put underwear on today....oh well")
3. Please don't pick your nose in front of people.
4. When you do pick your nose, please don't wipe it on other people's stuff.....or eat it.
5. While you are on stage at the preschool graduation ceremony, please don't lift up your dress or start picking the underwear out of your crotch.
6. Please use your own toothbrush.
7. Did you wipe?
8. Don't hug mommy's leg when she's wearing a skirt. (do I need to explain this one?)
I guess I don't have a 9 or 10 yet....but I'm sure it won't take long. Maybe you can help me out....leave me a comment with some of your "Things you don't think you have to say...Except that you really do" ideas.
Come again soon. Unless of course you would rather catch your preschooler wiping her booger on the chair of the person sitting in front of you at church and when you finally get a chance to clean it up...it is nowhere to be found.....
Just skip this site altogether.

posted at 11:54 AM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

How about, "Don't spit on your baby brother's head, even if he doesn't mind."? Said it. And, fortunately, I haven't had to repeat it. :) Thanks for checking out my site!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger robin said...

Sarah....that is so funny! Mostly because I Have Had to say something similar to that statement to my kids!

robin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Father's Day Adventure
Comment of the Week and My New Friend
Promised Pictures
Whoopie Cushions & Walmart, Poop & the Swimming Pool
Me-Myself-and I
Ball, Ball and more Ball
Daneille Turns 4
Are We on a Diet?
Hey Friends and Family
About This Site

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: