Sunday, June 11, 2006
Me-Myself-and I
I think that I have a multiple personality disorder. I'm serious.

Don't you think it's weird that a person can go to bed as one person and wake up as a completely different one?

Here's an example....I can wake up on a Sunday morning and look, well, like I just woke up. 30 minutes later I can have a completely new face. And after a cup of coffee or 2...a whole new attitude as well.

Then BAM....I'm hollering at everyone not moving to get moving and get in the van and don't move again until I tell you!!!

Then we pull up to the church parking lot and and are greeted with smiles and "good-mornings" to which I reply likewise.

It is 9:00am and I am already up to my 3rd or 4th "other me".

In church today the topic was about the holy spirit. Before Jesus ascended into heaven he told his disciples to spread the word to everybody everywhere....and not to worry because he would send a comfort-giver to help them out. Then....Jesus was gone.

If I were one of these people that Jesus told to take the message out to like...the ends of the earth and then Jesus left I would be freaking out! And where is this thing called the holy spirit anyway. Any idea when it's due to arrive? God? Are you there? Don't leave me like this!

Well....the end of the story is that God showed himself again in the holy spirit. The whole trinity thing is pretty difficult to understand....God is the only God....but he has revealed himself through his son and the holy spirit.....they are a community of 3....all wrapped up in one. All of them real and all of them complimentary and all of them one.

Get it? That's ok if you don't. Fred doesn't get me and all of my multiple personalities either....especially if I have pms. But it's still me. And I think he takes comfort in the idea that if one of my rather annoying personality traits rears its ugly head....another mood is bound to emerge at any given moment. It's a good thing he's stuck with me for this long. He might not have gotten to know me.

I don't really know what my multiple personality disorder has to do with the holy spirit and today's sermon. But talking about the 3-in-1 just sort of made me think of that. And hopefully no matter what "me" is on....those around me will always be able to see the Lord through me.

Ok....that's all for now. Come back soon and often. It might take a while to get to know me. All of them anyways.

Unless, of course, you would rather glue your fingers to the craft that you were trying to help your daughter make in an attempt to do some mother-daughter-bonding....and ended up with a different kid of bond.......
just skip this site altogether.

posted at 12:39 PM
0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Ball, Ball and more Ball
Daneille Turns 4
Are We on a Diet?
Hey Friends and Family
About This Site
About Me

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: