Monday, October 30, 2006
Failure and Fun
So the words failure and fun don't seem like they belong in the same sentence. But those are the words that perfectly descibe my feelings about this last weekend.
Well no need for me to be a huge downer here. I am sure I am not the only person on the planet who has felt like they lost a dream of some sort or another. But even so...I thought that there was no need to pretend that I don't feel the way I do.
What....have you been there too?
Well, right now it is me. So I'm really kind of digging the above quote by Henry Ford. It's hard to "begin again" or see failure as some kind of "opportunity" when you are currently in the trenches of it.
But I'll try. And I'm glad to have family who can help carry me through until I can walk on my own. Which brings me to the FUN part of this post.
Saturday we spent the day at my aunt and uncle's house where we all ate, watched football, ate, made more food to eat, and then ate that. Hanging with my aunts and cousins is always a good time. My brother Shawn deep fried a turkey. I have never met a deep fat fried food item that I didn't like....and turkey is no different. The boys played football. Nathan shot hoops in my uncle's indoor basketball game thing. The girls all wore thier costumes and played with thier cousins.

And did I mention that we ate?
Being with my family this weekend reminds me of another quote that seems fitting right now....
This picture is of 2 of the most competitive people I know....my son against my brother-in-law!
Enough about me today....what's up with you?
"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."
Henry Ford
Well no need for me to be a huge downer here. I am sure I am not the only person on the planet who has felt like they lost a dream of some sort or another. But even so...I thought that there was no need to pretend that I don't feel the way I do.
What....have you been there too?
Well, right now it is me. So I'm really kind of digging the above quote by Henry Ford. It's hard to "begin again" or see failure as some kind of "opportunity" when you are currently in the trenches of it.
But I'll try. And I'm glad to have family who can help carry me through until I can walk on my own. Which brings me to the FUN part of this post.
Saturday we spent the day at my aunt and uncle's house where we all ate, watched football, ate, made more food to eat, and then ate that. Hanging with my aunts and cousins is always a good time. My brother Shawn deep fried a turkey. I have never met a deep fat fried food item that I didn't like....and turkey is no different. The boys played football. Nathan shot hoops in my uncle's indoor basketball game thing. The girls all wore thier costumes and played with thier cousins.

And did I mention that we ate?
Being with my family this weekend reminds me of another quote that seems fitting right now....
"A joyful heart is good medicine"Family and Fun definitely is some good medicine
I think this is a proverb....but I ain't all that sure
This picture is of 2 of the most competitive people I know....my son against my brother-in-law!
Enough about me today....what's up with you?











1 Comments:
Robin,
You are not a failure! You are a Child of the King, and He's not finished with you yet! Just like me and every other Child of the King. Hey Keep your chin up, and know that You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Cathy
Post a Comment
<< Home