Monday, December 04, 2006
First Day of Advent
Yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent. The kids are all excited about the countdown to Christmas and they know that when we celebrate Advent we are preparing our hearts and minds for celebrating the birth of Christ.

So yesterday I did THE MOST spiritual thing I could think of doing.



I skipped church and took a nap.


I know that sounds way backwards but I just have to say that I haven't been sleeping well AT ALL due to this wicked-bad cough that I get....but only in the evening and night hours. And when this mamma is tired....this mamma is mean. And irritable. And short-tempered. And weepy. And cranky. And mean.

So it is kinda hard to be all joyous and spirit-minded when I am tired.

So I skipped church and took a nap.

And you know what? When Fred and the kids came home from church I was ready, able and willing to let the Advent celebrations begin.


What are some things you do to celebrate the Advent season?

posted at 11:20 AM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post hit home with me! We, too, skipped church yesterday to recoop from our horrible colds and to spend time together as a family. (We also decorated our tree which is always one of my favorite things about the holidays.)

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is my first time to your blog...such a cute lil blog too! Feel free to stop by my blog and say hello as well! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Kiss for a Kiss
What Is Going On Here?
You Know You Live in Iowa if....
Trash Talk and Bedroom Humor
Another Top 10
The Prisoner
Parent-Teacher-Conferences
Outsmarted by a Machine
Friday Funnies
Cracked out on Chocolate

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: