Friday, December 01, 2006
Kiss for a Kiss

"Kiss for a Kiss" is a countdown to Christmas tradition the kids and I do. I thought I'd share in case you wanted to do this with your kids too.
Line up 25 candy kisses (or however many days left till Christmas...today would be 24) and wrap them up in some kind of plastic wrap. We just used clear because that's what we had....but some of the colored kinds look really nice too. Then between each kiss tie a piece of ribbon really tight to seperate.
Each day the kids say "kiss for a kiss?" and bring their candy kiss chain to me and give me a kiss....then I cut off one candy kiss and give it to them.
I got this idea from Lisa Whelchel's book "The ADVENTures of Christmas".
What are some of your advent activities?
This year we are doing a Christmas blog instead of a Christmas newsletter. Hop over and check it out if you want......
Unless you would rather suck up a long piece of christmas ribbon in your vacuum and spend 45 minutes trying to untangle and unravel it from that round spinning thing at the bottom of the vacuum.....just stay where you are.
Robin











1 Comments:
I love your idea of a Christmas blog. :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home