Tuesday, November 28, 2006
What Is Going On Here?
The last few weeks have been rather fustrating for me when it comes to dealing with all that rivalry that goes hand-in-hand with siblings. Not my siblings....but my kids'.
I feel like I have tried absolutely everything for them to get along. I have tried everything I can think of to get them to learn how to deal with conflict, disagreements, sharing....I'm not sure where the list ends.
I've forced them to be nice.
I've seperated them from each other.
I've sent them and thier arguing outstide. (ie: kicked them out.)
I've threatend thier lives.
The biggest problem lately has been yelling at each other when one or the other does not get thier own way. It happens all the time, but the scene always looks pretty similar to this.....
1. kids start yelling
2. Mom waits to see if they will work it out.
3. kids yell louder
4. Mom enters the room
5. "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!!!" mom yells.
6. kids all start making thier case at the same time.
7. since nobody gets heard because everyone is talking....the yelling begins again. Plus tears.
8. Mom yells back.
This same loud pattern of events seems to be repeating itself alot these days.
Last night Claire and Danielle were unusually quiet in the basement. My pulse rate went up as I prepared for what I may find when I walked down there. Did they kill each other?
This is what I walked in on.......
They were snuggling on the couch watching a Christmas movie.
What is going on here?












2 Comments:
Hi Robin. This is Karla (Aunt Arla's daughter). When my mom would watch my girls and they didn't get along, she use to make them sit in a chair, facing each other and hold hands!! Did the trick!!
You know what I think would be even more effective???????Making them hold hands in PUBLIC!!!!!
Oh my gosh.....Karla.....how are you?????
Post a Comment
<< Home