Saturday, January 06, 2007
Saturday's Stuff
Two basketball games today....Nathan in West Branch and Marisa in Bettendorf. Then we'll hurry home so Fred and I can get ready for his work's Christmas Party. Nervous about that. Of course, I always seem to get nervous when I am in situations where I am mingling with a roomful of professionals (geeks) and their professional spouses. I quickly run out of things that I have in common to talk about....and I totally don't even get all of the "shop talk" that all conversations eventually turn to. So I am the one at the table who ends up quietly smiling and nodding and trying to act like I understand every word said.

Tonight's party has a casino night theme. Normally I would be excited to play games....except that I don't know how to play any of the ones there tonight. Except for black jack. I have been practicing up on that one this week so it looks like I know what I am doing.

Fred said that one of his co-workers would show me how to play a couple of games.......so as long as I can understand the rules as explained to me.....I should be just fine.

But if I can't keep up with that, then I'll just smile and nod and pretend like I can. That is one thing I can do.


(by the way....the term "geek" is something that Fred and his accountant buddies have referred to themselves as....so I wasn't saying anything that I wouldn't say in front of him)

posted at 9:13 AM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A casino night theme sounds interesting!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Double Digits
Hot Guys
The Top 10 Things You Don't Think You Need to Say ...
One Last Time
The Fake Flake
My Vacuum Really Sucks
Ultimate Fighter...Pat Miletich
We recently paid our annual visit to Santa. When t...
First Day of Advent
Kiss for a Kiss

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: