Thursday, December 21, 2006
The Fake Flake
I don't know why....but I always seem to notice people's fingernails. When I see some I like, I always see if they are real or where they get them done. Even when I am in an audience listening to a speaker at some event....I always notice if she has fake fingernails. I love that look!

In my unofficial research on the topic of beautiful fingernails....I have concluded that most successful women have fake nails. Which means that I needed to get me some.

So I tried growing my nails out. While I may have had some success in achieving the manicured look....my hairstyle suffered from my pulling it out everytime I chipped or split a nail.

So I checked into the prices of acrylics. If I stayed local, which would be the only way I could regularly maintain the fake look.....I would probably have to sell one of my children in order to afford to take this option. One mom I know goes to walmart to get hers done. It's a lot more feesible and I would get to keep all of my children. The problem here becomes the fact that while the nail expert/technician or whatever she is called was sculpting me out some nails.....the possibility of my kids running off to play hide and seek in walmart would be great. I would still probably not come home with all of my kids.

So i went to walmart and bought me some glue-on fingernails. I love them. I feel like I have arrived. I think I can even confidently walk up in front of a group of woman at a church as a guest speaker....all because I have the french-manicured-fake look.

But only if I can figure out how to get my zipper up.

posted at 7:04 AM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your nails look fabulous!!! You would never know that they are not real. I see that Danielle takes after her mother being all girl!
Have a very Merry Christmas!

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to get my nails done! :) I did mine a few weeks ago.

BTW...I don't know if you got my comment the other day or not...but I did receive your's asking me to help you with your blog...I'd be happy to...just click on the Contact link on my blog and send me an e-mail via that form and we will communicate that way...if you are unable to send the form...then just leave me a comment with your email address if you want (I have to approve each comment that comes through before it is published so if you do it that way then I will not approve the comment with your email address so that the public wont see it). Looking forward to helping you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

My Vacuum Really Sucks
Ultimate Fighter...Pat Miletich
We recently paid our annual visit to Santa. When t...
First Day of Advent
Kiss for a Kiss
What Is Going On Here?
You Know You Live in Iowa if....
Trash Talk and Bedroom Humor
Another Top 10
The Prisoner

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: