Friday, January 12, 2007
I have a couple of writing projects lined up for my local newspaper. Off to do an interview this afternoon and will also set one up for next week. Those 2 projects will give me something to focus on as far as writing goes. I also have a deadline for a column in the chamber newsletter coming up next week.....and I have no idea what to write. Uhg.

Does anyone else feel like they have no idea which way they should be going.....but not really content where they are? Or maybe I should have some sort of plan? Goals? But I don't know what it all should be.

I'm feeling like I hit the mark by total chance when I was given some opportunities to write. I'm doing something now that I never really even knew I wanted to do.....and love it. It's like, when I was busy trying to move forward with my own plans in life, I accidentally stumbled into writing something that led to writing something else....and here I am writing.

But after figuring out what my income was from last year.....it suddenly didn't seem like I was where I wanted to be financially for the amount of mental energy I put into it. So I guess I feel like I'm not really doing what I should be doing.

I know that isn't really true. Because writing is just who I am. It's what I do. I should feel really lucky that someone actually does want to pay me for it. What kind of un-grateful person am I?

Maybe I do have some idea of a direction I could take. But I think.....I know.....that I am scared to death to do it. And what if this idea isn't really the path God wants me on? Or what if it is but I convince myself that it isn't?

If for some reason you were bored enough today to read all the way through this.....I just want to say "thank you" for being my therapy session for today. And if you pray....would you pray for me? Perhaps for some clarity.

posted at 7:28 AM
3 comments



3 Comments:
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go with your ideas, Robin. As long as you try you will never be a failure. If it turns out not to be the right decision, oh well, you will learn and grow from it. No idea is a bad idea, just like no question is a "stupid" question.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Cathy Fry said...

Robin,

I think you are doing a great job with what God has given you so far with your writing opportunities and I say go for what you are feeling he saying about the direction you suppose to go, if it's not the right way he will turn you around the other way or he will pick you up and carry you to the right path. In the end you will learn what he wanted to teach you, so follow your heart!

Thanks for noticing my new blog look, I've been trying. I wanted it across the whole top but I couldn't figure it out so I settled for this for now.

Love ya,

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Cathy Fry said...

Robin,

I think you are doing a great job with what God has given you so far with your writing opportunities and I say go for what you are feeling he saying about the direction you suppose to go, if it's not the right way he will turn you around the other way or he will pick you up and carry you to the right path. In the end you will learn what he wanted to teach you, so follow your heart!

Thanks for noticing my new blog look, I've been trying. I wanted it across the whole top but I couldn't figure it out so I settled for this for now.

Love ya,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

The First "Oh-Well"
Big Winners!
Saturday's Stuff
Double Digits
Hot Guys
The Top 10 Things You Don't Think You Need to Say ...
One Last Time
The Fake Flake
My Vacuum Really Sucks
Ultimate Fighter...Pat Miletich

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: