Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Babysitter Emergencies
Last night Fred and I went to the local Chamber of Commerce banquet. It was great to get out together and great to see people in the community. I like going to these kinds of things with my hubby.

Last night was made possible because I found a babysitter to come over. It has been about 6 months since I last hired somebody to come over and that night ended in a disaster. So before I left this newbie with the kids....I went over some ground rules with Claire, the most likely to create disaster.

Claire and I made a deal we both were happy with. I left the number of the community center to be used only in emergency.

Claire tried to convince the babysitter that giving me a hug goodnight was an emergency. Babysitter stood her ground. Mom would not think hugs are not an emergency.

But a robber breaking into our house and stealing our stuff would be an emergency....so that is exactly what Claire wanted to call and tell mom. Because she knew I would think that is an emergency.

Labels:


posted at 11:56 AM
4 comments



4 Comments:
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff and I usually go to that but did not go this year. I sure would have gone if I had known that you and Fred were going to be there. Who did you get for a babysitter??? I may need to steal them. LOL
I hope that you had a great time.

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, you have to give it to Claire, she is ALWAYS thinking. ;)
Glad you had a good time. Getting out and talking to BIG people can be fun.
Carla

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger robin said...

You bet she is always thinking! It scares me to think of what she can do with all that thinking she does.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Cathy Fry said...

I had to laugh and Jim was in the room when I was reading it and said what now, so I read it to him and he just laughed too. We both agree that you and Fred have a long interesting road to travel with that Claire of yours, she is quite the charachter. You gotta love em when they are like that, they keep life interesting, even when they are 23. Glad you got away for once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Checklist for a Bomb?
Driving Past Hell
AH-HAH!
Watching SpongeBob is a Spiritual Thing To Do
Our First Basketball Game
Dear MAT Class,
Front Page Photo
The Friday Funnies
American Idol???
A Goal

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: