Tuesday, July 24, 2007
I had but one goal for today....



....and I achieved it!




We scored some tickets to a Quad City Swing baseball game for today....if you are at all familiar with these games AND my bent on doing things on the cheap....then I bet you can guess what my goal was....

To win the free pizza in the pizza scream contest.


We won.
But we might not have if I had not waken up this morning as determined as I was. I came up with the strategy we would use to win us that free pizza and we discussed the mechanics of it on our way into the game. I coached them through it several times and we planned all bathroom visits and drinking fountain runs so as to all be ready at the top of any given inning. I wasn't sure when they would have the contest so I was taking no chances of not being in our seats when it happened.

I'm serious, people.
All I can say is when free food is involved, being the loudest in the crowd is a good thing. But this time it would not have been good enough to just be the loudest. It was kids day at the ball park so there were several groups of day cares and field trippers with numbers in the 20's and up.
Enter my strategy.

We needed to stand out from the crowd. The plan was to chant. And throw our fists in the air. All together. Over and over. PIZ-ZA! PIZ-ZA! PIZ-ZA! PIZ-ZA!

We are so good at being different.
And it's good to have goals.



posted at 2:55 PM
3 comments



3 Comments:
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the free pizza! Way to go! I saw you on TV6 news at the ballgame. They didn't say you guys were the big winners or anything, just showed your picture. What a beautiful day to go to the game and Swing won too. Yes!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Cathy Fry said...

Robin,

I read this post to Jim and he said what a nut, she is a nut. Congrats on reaching your goal, what fun memories for your children. They will be talking when they are in their 50's while they are eating pizza, remember, when.......

What fun!!!!!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Eric and Pam said...

That's hilarious! I'm crackin' up! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

I'm sure I heard it right....
Reading
The Friday Funnies
psychological evaluation....
I went a spa-ing
It's a weird day
Tip Tuesday
Photo Fun
And That Concludes.....
Sports Center Update

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: