Thursday, February 22, 2007
CT Scan Results
For 45 minutes yesterday I thought that I was dying. Literally.
I spent the morning volunteering at the school, picked up Danielle from preschool at 11, walked in the back door and saw the light on my answering machine flashing.
Play Messages:
"Hi. This message is for Robin. This is Jenny from Dr. Iltis's office. We have the results from your test in. Could you please call us back at ......"
Doctors call back if they want you to come back. Right? That's how it is with those yearly exams. They always say no news is good news.
So why are they calling me and wanting me to call them? What did they find on last weeks CT scan? I must have a brain tumor. No wonder I haven't been feeling right these last 5 months. I am slowly dying. I wonder how long i will have. I wonder if I'll look good in a wig. I need to hug my children. I need to tell them everything that I want to tell them. Because what if I'm not here tomorrow?
I sat calmly with Danielle as she showed me all of her preschool projects. I lingered longer than I usually do. We made lunch together and ate together and I totally loved on her every single second. We talked about all of her preschool friends and about her upcoming birthday (3 months away) and what fun stuff we would do that afternoon. That was fun. Making sure she felt special in all of that warmed my heart. Why do I so often put that second to my long list of "to-do's"?
Then I called the doctor's office back. I was put on hold for like 5 minutes. It might as well been an hour. And then I heard her voice:"Hi Robin. Dr. Iltis wanted to let you know that your CT scan came back with no sign of any sinus disease and to give your current medication a try for the next 2 months."
I'm not gonna die.
At least not from a brain tumor.
But I gotta say....living those 45 minutes like I did made a difference in how I want to live the next 45 minutes. Or 45 days. Or 45 years.
I spent the morning volunteering at the school, picked up Danielle from preschool at 11, walked in the back door and saw the light on my answering machine flashing.
Play Messages:
"Hi. This message is for Robin. This is Jenny from Dr. Iltis's office. We have the results from your test in. Could you please call us back at ......"
Doctors call back if they want you to come back. Right? That's how it is with those yearly exams. They always say no news is good news.
So why are they calling me and wanting me to call them? What did they find on last weeks CT scan? I must have a brain tumor. No wonder I haven't been feeling right these last 5 months. I am slowly dying. I wonder how long i will have. I wonder if I'll look good in a wig. I need to hug my children. I need to tell them everything that I want to tell them. Because what if I'm not here tomorrow?
I sat calmly with Danielle as she showed me all of her preschool projects. I lingered longer than I usually do. We made lunch together and ate together and I totally loved on her every single second. We talked about all of her preschool friends and about her upcoming birthday (3 months away) and what fun stuff we would do that afternoon. That was fun. Making sure she felt special in all of that warmed my heart. Why do I so often put that second to my long list of "to-do's"?
Then I called the doctor's office back. I was put on hold for like 5 minutes. It might as well been an hour. And then I heard her voice:"Hi Robin. Dr. Iltis wanted to let you know that your CT scan came back with no sign of any sinus disease and to give your current medication a try for the next 2 months."
I'm not gonna die.
At least not from a brain tumor.
But I gotta say....living those 45 minutes like I did made a difference in how I want to live the next 45 minutes. Or 45 days. Or 45 years.
Labels: my life











3 Comments:
Robin,
So glad you got good news. Now you and a country singer named "Tim" have something in common. "Live Like You Were Dying" I'm happy for both of you that it is just something to think about. We all should think more like that since we never know what tomorrow will bring.
Carla
I am so glad that everything turned out fine. You had me worried. I hate it when doctors leave those messages.
We are all too busy these days and need to sit back to take a look at what is really important in life!
We don't know what the next 45 minutes, 45 days or 45 years will bring, do we? Today is the first day of the rest of my life, I guess we should live everyday like this is the last day of the rest of our lives. Love ya, and so glad you got good news!
Post a Comment
<< Home