Thursday, August 09, 2007
Just to prove that we do have a deep and very spiritual side~

A couple of weeks ago I was reading a "night-light" bedtime story with tookie about Daniel and the lion's den and how God could hear and answered Daniel's prayers:

"Tookie" says mom, "do you believe that God hears all of your prayers?"


"Yes, mom" she replies.


"Do you always get what you pray for?" says mom.


"no"


"Well then do you think that means God doesn't hear your prayers?" I continue.


"No. He must not really hear all of my prayers."


Brace yourselves. I'm about to get all biblically insightful and relevant.


"Actually, tookie, when you don't get what you pray for, it could be God saying 'no' to what you ask for. So really, He hears them all.....He just doesn't say 'yes' to them all".


Tookie thinks for a second and asks me if she can say a quick prayer in her mind while I'm being all giddy about imparting some valuable lessons on to my baby.


She gets done with her silent prayer and says: "hey mom, wanna know what I just prayed to God for?"


"Sure, honey."


"Well.....I've been asking God for a long time for my very own giraffe. Since He is saying 'no' about the giraffe, now I'm praying for a pig."


I am so incredibly proud.

posted at 7:33 AM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes they say, watch out what you pray for.;)

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you going to have a cow at one time also????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Writing and other news this week....
Quote....
We're Back!
Go Wildcats!
tip tuesday...
Dreams....
"Purpose" is my current theme
I had but one goal for today....
I'm sure I heard it right....
Reading

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: