Friday, June 01, 2007
Storms and Steroids
You know how I'm like really big into body building and lifting weights, right?

Well last week I did something and somehow injured the muscles all around my shoulders. I have been stretching, applying heat and ice, and taking what seems like cocktail blends of ibuprofin, tylenol and alieve. But it just wasn't getting better. In fact, the pain is now going down my entire arm and the weight of that itself just hurts.

So today I went to the doctor and told them this story and they gave me what is basically a steroid to help with the pain and inflammation. But as possible side effects of taking this, I could get weepy and/or irritable at any time now.

My friend, Lisa, pointed out that this shouldn't be too different than what is normal for me anyways. Now I can just blame the drugs.

So I've taken my first dose and I'm waiting to feel better, start crying, or yell at somebody.

Okay....so the doctors didn't buy my "working out/weight training" story either. I really just woke up one day and was in pain. The doctor said that the older you get, the more common aches and pains with no known cause becomes. They pharmacist said this too. If I had taken any medicine and experienced any of the side affects mentioned above before they told me I was old....I may have lost it.


On an unrelated note....some heavy rains and winds have just made their way through Durant. I've heard reports that Muscatine got hit pretty hard. Even tornadoes. Anybody experience any damage from the storms?

posted at 11:20 AM
3 comments



3 Comments:
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are still considering me "a friend" after my comment! I was only kidding!!! I hope that it gets to feeling better or you have some really good crying attacks.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Cathy Fry said...

You sure are old getting all those aches and pains! Hope the medicine works, because then you can really start lifting those weights, ha ha!!!!!

By the way my niece Jennifer's house was totally flattened, we were out there tonight looking at it, it is so sad, we are going back tomorrow to help out. It is unbelievable what that tornado did, and God was definately watching out for them, because Jennifer and one of her children had just left 10 minutes before it happened and the other two were at Grandma's. If they would have been home I don't think they would have made it out of there. Please keep them in your prayers. Thanks!

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After I hurt my shoulder last year, one time they put me on medicine that could make me easily aggitated too. I heard comments like "your friend" Lisa said to you, although, Luke, who was 7 at the time asked me after awhile, when I was going to take that medicine that may make me crabby. In hearing that, I thought, I must've kept it under control. Hopefully you will get feeling better soon, and back to the weights. We were very lucky here in town, I feel sorry for all of those that lost everything. We had half of the big tree in front of our house fall in the street. I sure am glad it fell that way and nobody was there at the time. That was a mess. Not sure why it fell, it wasn't even raining when it did. Kind of strange.
Keeping all of those in my prayers that really had loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Happy Birthday Tookie!
The following is a column that ran in the Advocate...
Tip Tuesday
Graduation Parties
The Friday Funnies
favorite quotes...
Preschool Graduation
Tip Tuesday
Photo-Journal
Odds and Ends:Danielle had her last day of prescho...

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: