Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Tip Tuesday
What are you going to do this summer when your child starts saying "I'm bored. There's nothing to do"?
First off, if I hear that then I am more than happy to give them some things to do. But these things could include a toilet bowl brush or a vacuum cleaner. Needless to say, I maybe hear this phrase once or twice from each child.
Here's another idea. Let them create their own "I'm bored" jar. Have the kids each list every fun thing they like to do, but can do on their own. Throw in ideas for them like "write a letter to grandma" and things like that. Anything goes....as long as it can be done by themselves. Then cut all the ideas out and fold the slips of paper up and place in a jar decorated with stickers and whatever else you have to use. Let the kids keep their jar (or can) in their rooms and encourage them to pull out a random slip of paper whenever they aren't sure what to do.
Because whatever that slip says....it will be far more fun than anything mom suggests!
First off, if I hear that then I am more than happy to give them some things to do. But these things could include a toilet bowl brush or a vacuum cleaner. Needless to say, I maybe hear this phrase once or twice from each child.
Here's another idea. Let them create their own "I'm bored" jar. Have the kids each list every fun thing they like to do, but can do on their own. Throw in ideas for them like "write a letter to grandma" and things like that. Anything goes....as long as it can be done by themselves. Then cut all the ideas out and fold the slips of paper up and place in a jar decorated with stickers and whatever else you have to use. Let the kids keep their jar (or can) in their rooms and encourage them to pull out a random slip of paper whenever they aren't sure what to do.
Because whatever that slip says....it will be far more fun than anything mom suggests!
Labels: tip tuesday











1 Comments:
Another good tip.
Can mom make up a jar too???
Post a Comment
<< Home