Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Bruised
I bruise quite easily.
I often will come up with a bruise and have no idea how I got it because whatever it was....it didn't hurt.
The ones I'm gonna have will.
But it was worth the look in Tookie's eyes!
We just got back from having lunch at school with Nathan and Marisa. They had PE class following and they are doing roller skating. So we strapped on a pair for tookie (i knew better than to put my own on as well) and away she went.
Not far away. Actually every couple of steps she fell. And every fall she expected me to catch her or somehow buffer for her. The worst ones were actually when she fell on her own...and I didn't catch her....but still got kicked with the wheels of the skate. It was just easier on me to have her fall right on me.
By the end of class she was skating on her own.
With a smile as big as any I've seen.
"I'm a big kid now, mom!" she says to me.
Yes, Tookie. You are.
I often will come up with a bruise and have no idea how I got it because whatever it was....it didn't hurt.
The ones I'm gonna have will.
But it was worth the look in Tookie's eyes!
We just got back from having lunch at school with Nathan and Marisa. They had PE class following and they are doing roller skating. So we strapped on a pair for tookie (i knew better than to put my own on as well) and away she went.
Not far away. Actually every couple of steps she fell. And every fall she expected me to catch her or somehow buffer for her. The worst ones were actually when she fell on her own...and I didn't catch her....but still got kicked with the wheels of the skate. It was just easier on me to have her fall right on me.
By the end of class she was skating on her own.
With a smile as big as any I've seen.
"I'm a big kid now, mom!" she says to me.
Yes, Tookie. You are.











3 Comments:
No, she can not be a "big kid" yet!!! Not until August.
I'm trying to hold her back.
Slow her down.
Stunt her growth.
Fill her mind with mush.
Apparently she is destined to grow up and be way smarter than her mom is.
Just wait til they are all teens, then you really will know NOTHING! I have tried to slow Luke down too, since he is my "baby", but it hasn't happened. I think he has grown up faster than any of the others. Just enjoy every milestone.
Post a Comment
<< Home