Friday, March 30, 2007
Too Embarassing to be funny~friday...
So last weekend was spent at Nathan and Marisa's baseball and softball tryouts. They don't really try out....they just show 'em their skills so the coaches know who they are picking for their teams.
Attending ball tryouts is apparently boring for my 4 and 6 year-old. So they were ammusing themselves while playing at the back of the stage in the gym. It was fine until I found them trying to climb out a window. I was sitting at the opposite end of the stage and towards the front. Instead of shouting and causing a scene I gave them a stern look in the eyes....pointed my finger at them while mouthing the word "you".....pointed to the spot on the floor right in front of me and mouthed the words "here. now."
Somewhere in between me and my girls was a table with some coaches sitting around it. One of the coaches thought I was pointing to him and saying "you. here. now."
Wide-eyed and flustered he told me he was sorry.....but he was married.
This would have been funny if the guy actually knew I wasn't talking to him.
But he thought I was.
Which now makes the story horrifying.
Attending ball tryouts is apparently boring for my 4 and 6 year-old. So they were ammusing themselves while playing at the back of the stage in the gym. It was fine until I found them trying to climb out a window. I was sitting at the opposite end of the stage and towards the front. Instead of shouting and causing a scene I gave them a stern look in the eyes....pointed my finger at them while mouthing the word "you".....pointed to the spot on the floor right in front of me and mouthed the words "here. now."
Somewhere in between me and my girls was a table with some coaches sitting around it. One of the coaches thought I was pointing to him and saying "you. here. now."
Wide-eyed and flustered he told me he was sorry.....but he was married.
This would have been funny if the guy actually knew I wasn't talking to him.
But he thought I was.
Which now makes the story horrifying.
Labels: friday funnies











5 Comments:
Shame on you, Robin. That is soooo embarrassing! Thanks for sharing! LOL
lol Oh my gosh that was too funny.
I can hear the rumors all the way over here. That would be embarrassing! Did you clear it up with him?
You know this is a small town and the rumors spread like wild fire :). Hopefully you let him know what you were up to and all is well. Thanks for sharing that with us. It sure made me smile and glad it was you and not me.
can't say that I know for sure the misunderstanding was cleared up.
when i got and walked past the table to get to my girls (the ones on their way out the window) i'm sure I mumbled something about how i was trying to get the girls' attention.
But I had trouble making eye contact while doing it.
I'm gonna have to wear big sunglasses and floppy hats to all of the baseball games.
Post a Comment
<< Home