Friday, March 02, 2007
Authentic Imitation
My sister-in-law is heading out to hollywood to do the hair for the top 12 contestants on American Idol. So I paid her a visit to color my hair before she left. I asked her to figure out what my natural color really is and give me that all over....so I wouldn't have to worry about getting color touch-ups before she got back. I could just let it grow out.

Let me just say this....my sister-in-law is more that a hairstylist. She's more than a stylist to the stars. She's a magician. I swear she must have a magic wand somewhere in between the blow dryer and curling iron.

I left the salon feeling good with a fresh cut and my natural color. And every time I looked in the mirror to admire my new style.....






I jumped back.
In horror.
Once or twice when passing a mirror I gasped.
Who was this dark-haired person staring back at me?
I felt like one of the characters in "Freaky Friday" where the mother and daughter are trapped in a body that is not their own.

The "natural" looking me
was just not me.

I tried to like the natural me. And I know that Fred and the kids (God love them) tried to not say that they didn't like the natural me.

I just didn't like the natural me. I like the fake me way better.

I had to go to a different person to get my blondes put back in since Suzy is busy getting ready to leave town.
Now that I have them back I feel so much better about life. I recognize the person looking back at me in the mirror. I have joyfully resigned to to fact that I will forever and ever have my hair colored so I never ever again have my natural color.

Because the Real Me is Fake.
And I like it.

Labels:


posted at 8:20 AM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked fine all-natural! I hope that you took some pictures for the next time you have the "good" idea to go natural and hate it. You are probably scarred enough and will remember this horrible experience (in your eyes) and never do it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

The UBC
A Life...or something like it
The Friday Funnies
quote
CT Scan Results
Dinnertime Prayer
Pitching Practice
Junior Achievement
'Cats for Christ
Call Me Supermom.......

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: