Monday, May 12, 2008
Happy Mother's Day
So I'm a day late with this greeting...but Happy Mother's Day anyway!
I know. It isn't the same hearing it late, on a monday, back to kid's day all-day every day!
But then again....that is what Mother's Day is all about.
Our kids.
So yesterday, when I brought my kids to my sister's house to visit aunts and uncles and grandma and grandpa and people we generally don't see all together or all that much, and I had to leave about 6 seconds after getting there because one of my kids was feeling sick....I didn't get all bent out of shape. I took the sick one home, smothered him with some mothering, tucked him in bed and let him sleep for he entire afternoon.
The other kids wanted to stay and play and visit with everyone. So they did.
Which means I spent Mother's Day...sort of by myself.
And taking care of my kids.
Without them, it would have been just another day.
With them, it was just like any other day.
Which to me....is heaven
I know. It isn't the same hearing it late, on a monday, back to kid's day all-day every day!
But then again....that is what Mother's Day is all about.
Our kids.
So yesterday, when I brought my kids to my sister's house to visit aunts and uncles and grandma and grandpa and people we generally don't see all together or all that much, and I had to leave about 6 seconds after getting there because one of my kids was feeling sick....I didn't get all bent out of shape. I took the sick one home, smothered him with some mothering, tucked him in bed and let him sleep for he entire afternoon.
The other kids wanted to stay and play and visit with everyone. So they did.
Which means I spent Mother's Day...sort of by myself.
And taking care of my kids.
Without them, it would have been just another day.
With them, it was just like any other day.
Which to me....is heaven











1 Comments:
I hope that you come back to blogging!
Post a Comment
<< Home