Thursday, April 24, 2008
Batter Up!
"Hey mom. I fart alot when I get nervous."
Thankfully, Nathan was nervous outside last night.
Yesterday was his first day playing baseball for the Durant American Legion in the majors. They lost 15-3, but I hardly noticed the score because I was too busy being all proud of my little fart out there on the mound.
He started out pitching, struck a couple of batters out, dove for a bunt-pop-up and got that guy out. made a play at first and a play at home plate, both good for outs. When his pitch count was up, he moved out to left field. At the plate, he got a base hit, scored the first run, got struck out once, walked, and if there was any more than that I was too busy pushing some little girl on the swings.
But I got to say that I was the mostest proudest of him when I was tucking him in bed last night when he was telling me that when he was out in left, not getting much action, he was talking it up to members of his team who needed the encouragement. And how he was a quiet cheerleader in the dugout for the boys whe came back after striking out or getting out. He would remind some that that was a good hit....you advanced a runner....And to one boy who was sad after striking out, Nathan told him "hey...i bet your dad is really proud of you for getting up there and trying especially since this is your first year".
Talk about major league heart.
The little fart.











3 Comments:
Sounds awesome! Good to have you back!
Way to go Nathan! Keep up the encouraging words! You are an inspiring young man.
Way to go Nathan! Your mom sounds like she is about to burst with pride. Keep up the good work. Robin, it is great to have you back!!
Post a Comment
<< Home