Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Could Somebody Please tell me.....




.....who this half-grown man is?






It seems that I woke up one day and realized that this young man has taken up residence in my home.






And my baby boy is gone.




























Speaking of babies.....just yesterday I was snuggling close with my baby girl so she would sleep through the night. When she would start to stir, I would put my cheek to her little head and say "it's okay, baby. mommy's here", and she would slip back into slumber. And together, we would both sleep through the night.



At least it seems like yesterday.


In 2 more days I will be sending my baby to kindergarten. Will she miss me as much as I am going to miss her? Experience tells me no. I just hope that when she comes home upset about something she'll let me put my cheek to her head and say "it's okay. mommy is here."


because I always will be.

The reality that my world and my heart as I know it being under someone else's care for the better part of every day finally hit me the other night. So needless to say, I am sad. I'm trying to be upbeat for everybody.....but it is really an effort. I always knew this day for me would come.....


......but i never really thought it would.










posted at 7:12 AM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do grow up, momma, and look how fine they have because you have been there to see them through. Believe me, they will still need you for many years to come. (Even your big "baby" boy.) You will get calls when he has a question that he knows only "Mom" can answer. Or if he is sick, he will still call you to see just what he should take. Believe me, I have lived it, and it makes me feel all warm inside to know that even though my "baby" boy is in his 20's he still needs me sometimes. :)

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am right there with you in feeling like their childhood has slipped by. My "baby" boy just started middle school and plays football. He is my last child ( I only have 2) and it breaks my heart to know that he is growing up. I still cuddle him at night when he lets me. It's getting farther and farther between.

All we can do is pray that we did right by them and they will be fine upstanding citizens. We will survive...we have to... we are MOMS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

because nothing says "redneck" like target practic...
The Friday Funnies
in case you weren't aware....
Tip Tuesday & the Weekend Update
just blah
getting ready
The Friday Funnies
Just to prove that we do have a deep and very spir...
Writing and other news this week....
Quote....

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: