Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Tip Tuesday
Here is a tip that came through my email box a couple of weeks ago....I saved it thinking maybe I would share it here sometime.
But I actually tried this tip last week with Claire....and guess what...it worked.
I'm just going to publish it the way it was presented to me.


Here Goes.....

Vicks Vapor Rub

I wish I'd known this when my family was young during winter colds and coughs. I am going to try it myself. Share with young parents. Isn't life strange. When we had a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it. Some of us have used Vicks Vapor Rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes....But I've never heard of this....don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists at the Canada Research council (who discovered it) aren't sure why.


To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapor Rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines, In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.



Hopefully you'll get some actual use from this tip! Especially in light of all the recalls for children's cough and cold medicines....

I know you aren't exactly used to getting useful tips from me here!

posted at 11:20 AM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do use Vicks, I can't say that we have ever rubbed it on our feet. If we have the need this cold season, I will certainly give it a try. Even though they have made cough medicine with a more pleasing taste, it still isn't Luke's favorite. Thanks for the tip!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this one either.
Come on cold season!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Favorite Quotes
Due to issues that need to be dealt with here at h...
Here's What I Learned
Tip Tuesday
Hi Kids
taking a short blogging break
This is mostly for my family members (dad and shar...
The Friday Funnies
Having a Little Spa Party Here
The Real Age Test

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: