Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Open House
Last night's open house at the school went fairly well. Nathan found his locker and at least 2 classrooms he will need to be in tomorrow. He is just going to wing-it the rest of the day because he had to run off early to football practice.
Speaking of football practice......you aren't a real football player unless you can play football in 100 degree heat....until you puke. Nathan is proud to be one of the tough guys on the field. Oh yes he is.
Anyways.
The girls all found their lockers and classrooms and seats and are all excited to go tomorrow. Last night I only openly bawled my eyes out once and teared up 4 other times. So things are getting better.
Today we went to the Imax Theater and watched a 3-D Dinosaur Movie because anything can be interesting when put on a huge screen in 3-D. Plus Claire and Danielle both have a dinosaur unit to start off the school year. So I am oh-so-proud of myself for providing the kids with additional educational and entertaining stuff outside the classroom. But it's not like I'm keeping score or anything. I'm just feeling smug is all.
Tomorrow's the big day. Clicky here if you want to read an article I wrote for the local paper called "The Last First Day". It is different than the one I wrote for the QCA Kids' Guide.
Speaking of football practice......you aren't a real football player unless you can play football in 100 degree heat....until you puke. Nathan is proud to be one of the tough guys on the field. Oh yes he is.
Anyways.
The girls all found their lockers and classrooms and seats and are all excited to go tomorrow. Last night I only openly bawled my eyes out once and teared up 4 other times. So things are getting better.
Today we went to the Imax Theater and watched a 3-D Dinosaur Movie because anything can be interesting when put on a huge screen in 3-D. Plus Claire and Danielle both have a dinosaur unit to start off the school year. So I am oh-so-proud of myself for providing the kids with additional educational and entertaining stuff outside the classroom. But it's not like I'm keeping score or anything. I'm just feeling smug is all.
Tomorrow's the big day. Clicky here if you want to read an article I wrote for the local paper called "The Last First Day". It is different than the one I wrote for the QCA Kids' Guide.











3 Comments:
Robin, the article in the paper was really good. As I write this you have sent your kids off to school. I'm sure it wasn't easy for you, but you will do just fine. I bet you will just find more and more to keep you busy. If you have a free afternoon and you haven't seen the movie "Hairspray" you should go and watch it. I went last night and it was really funny!!! The best movie I've seen in a long time.
Ok, now that I am all teary eyed with you, let the good times roll. It is now time for YOU. Enjoy that HOT cup of coffee after they get on the bus, enjoy those quiet moments you get to clean the house without following them around picking up after them. Ok, so it's not what we were made to do but it has to do until they get home and spill their guts about how much fun, (and frustration) their first day of school was.
Good luck to you and the kids. I love stopping by and reading your posts!!
Love your blog, Robin, it's beautiful (as is your family!)
Post a Comment
<< Home