Tuesday, April 24, 2007
LET'S PLAY BALL
Tookie and I are packing up the van in preparation for 2 months of non-stop base-ball and soft-ball games. By non-stop I mean every. single. week-night. for. 2. months.

Okay....I've exaggerated. There are 4 nights in May that there are no games scheduled. And our June calendar isn't quite as filled as May. But I haven't received the t-ball schedule yet.

So. We are packing blankets, winter coats, umbrellas, first-aide stuff, magazines and books, snacks and hot chocolate mix. As well as spring jackets, sun-screen, water bottles, more bandaides, juice-boxes and more snacks. And wipes.

Ohhhhh, the all-purpose, home-made diaper-wipes. We no longer need them for, well, diapers. But they are great for cleaning hands and faces and scratched knees.

And for poorly-lit-porta-pottys.

That's probably the only thing I hate about ball games. I would rather eat dirt that spend any time in a porta-potty.

When my kids who are playing the game don't hear me yelling and cheering....a form of embarassment they have come to excpect (and enjoy?).....they know that mom is helping a preschooler in the bathroom.

And what is it about the....ahem....conversations that preschoolers need to have with their moms....but can only be talked about in a public restroom? Do you know what I am saying? The topics that make you not want to make eye contact with anyone else once you come out of the bathroom because you aren't sure who was in the next stall or if they were offended or not.

Or if they will bust out laughing at you. Is it just me?


On a different-yet-somewhat-related-note: Fred is wondering which team my boyfriend is coaching.

posted at 6:19 AM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not alone, I know I have had some conversations in public bathrooms that have made me want to stay in there until it is empty before leaving. As they say, "out of the mouths of babes". I'm thinking anyone who has ever had a small child can relate. You didn't say anything about that big floppy hat and dark glasses when you were packing your stuff. This is a small town, I don't think you can hide from your "boyfriend" anyway.;) When you see him, just smile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Name: Robin Paulsen
Location: Durant, Iowa

About Me
About This Site
My Complete Profile

*Links go here*

Ministry
Daddy's Home
The Friday Funnies....
Doing Time....
getting ready....
Mom My Ride
tv drama
"The Farting Dog"
Here's the (dope) Deal...
The Friday Funnies

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
April 2008
May 2008

****Extra stuff can go here!****

Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:


Meter by: