Monday, April 23, 2007
Ministry
For a few years I have struggled with the concept of whether or not I could call my writing a "ministry". I mean....shouldn't my entire life be that? So why label one area of my life "ministry". Besides.....can my writing be called "ministry" even when it comes across as being shallow? Because I am, you know. Shallow.
Anyways, even if things I write reveal my "shallow christian" status, the fact remains that, through these articles, I have been given a "voice". People might not always care what I say, but they are looking for what I'm going to say.
Motherhood is a ministry. My heart is leading me to be more intentional about helping other moms to see this and embrace it. I'm thinking about creating another blog with this purpose in mind.
What do you think?
Here are some titles I'm am throwing around....
"The Mission of Motherhood.....Changing the World, One Diaper at a Time"
I like that one because it is lighthearted and that is me.....But on the other hand, I want the target audience to be all moms....not just those with young kids and babies. The title lends itself to that.
Another idea was to put something together with the words "Mom Matters" in the title. I still don't have a clear idea for that one yet.
Please help me out by commenting here!!! I want to know what you think.
Anyways, even if things I write reveal my "shallow christian" status, the fact remains that, through these articles, I have been given a "voice". People might not always care what I say, but they are looking for what I'm going to say.
Motherhood is a ministry. My heart is leading me to be more intentional about helping other moms to see this and embrace it. I'm thinking about creating another blog with this purpose in mind.
What do you think?
Here are some titles I'm am throwing around....
"The Mission of Motherhood.....Changing the World, One Diaper at a Time"
I like that one because it is lighthearted and that is me.....But on the other hand, I want the target audience to be all moms....not just those with young kids and babies. The title lends itself to that.
Another idea was to put something together with the words "Mom Matters" in the title. I still don't have a clear idea for that one yet.
Please help me out by commenting here!!! I want to know what you think.











3 Comments:
I feel the same way you do, the first title may only attract mom's with young children, or people like me that have been changing diapers for many years. "Mom Matters" sounds good. I certainly don't think you are shallow, you seem to be a very well rounded gal, and know that you could inspire more moms if they just read your stuff.
Being well past the diaper stage I agree that the first title would diengage anyone past the poopy patrol.
Unfortunately I think the title of this blog is perfect for a mom. But if you are going to start another blog aimed at a ministy to moms I guess Mom Matters is a good choice.
I agree with sherri h.
I do love the title of this blog. It is fitting for me....which means that it is fitting for moms.
Maybe I will devote one day a week specifically to the things placed on my heart....to this blog. I did say in the "about this site" page that the blog is in part a ministry.
Read that page if you haven't. What do you think.
Post a Comment
<< Home