Thursday, April 26, 2007
After-School Schedule
2:00 Prez of athletic boosters calls to ask if I can help draft a letter
2:45 Claire runs in the back door and procedes to explain how Marisa is on her way home and has a bad bloody nose. They stopped at Grandma and Grandpas to get tissues. Nathan is still there trying to call me
2:45 and a half: Neighbor girl pounds on the front door to tell me she thinks Marisa is dying
2:46 Marisa makes it to the front porch. I help her inside to sit down
2:47 Blood is still pouring out of Marisa's nose
2:48 Claire is trying to be helpful and brings every bath towel in the house to the dining room
We used up 2 of them right away
2:49 Mother of friend calls looking for her daughter I pass on information through my 6 year old while catching blood in a towel
2:50 Prez of athletic boosters shows up at front door to drop of information. In an attempt at sanitation, I wipe my bloody hands on my jeans
2:51 Prez leaves
2:52 Nose is still bleeding. But we are able to wipe off some of the blood that has crusted on to her hands and in her hair
2:54 Nose bleed under control
3:00 Begin to clean up the blood trail in our dining room
as well as gather up towels and jacket and other bloody trash
3:05 Friend of Claire's calls and says that her mom said "yes" to her coming here to play
I explain to Claire that we aren't going to be here. They work out a plan for Claire to go there while Nathan gets his hair cut. Then they clue in the moms to their plan
3:06 Tell Nathan that I made a hair cut appointment for him
3:10 Mother of another friend that came over after school with Nathan calls to see if baseball game is still on. I haven't heard yet.
3:15 Do Claire's homework with her
3:18 Get ready to take Claire to friends and Nathan to appointment
3:19 Hair place calls....can we come 15 minutes later than scheduled? Yes.
3:30 Take Claire
3:35 Drive out to ball park. Lots of standing water. Predicting no game for tonight.
3:45 till 4:15 Nathan gets hair cut. We all wait in seating area. We overwhelm the place by our mass numbers. I visit with a friend as her daughter gets her hair cut.
4:16 pull up to house and remember that I have to go get Claire
4:18 Pick up claire
4:20 Get home and listen to the 4 messages on my answering machine
4:22 Call Fred to say that coach called....no game
4:35 Speak with mom of friend who is still here by phone. She can't get him just yet.
4:40 Girls are watching TV
boys are playing gamecube
mom is thinking about pouring herself a drink
Now: decide that blogging the events of the last few hours might be helpful to relieving stress
But am going to have a drink anyway.
2:45 Claire runs in the back door and procedes to explain how Marisa is on her way home and has a bad bloody nose. They stopped at Grandma and Grandpas to get tissues. Nathan is still there trying to call me
2:45 and a half: Neighbor girl pounds on the front door to tell me she thinks Marisa is dying
2:46 Marisa makes it to the front porch. I help her inside to sit down
2:47 Blood is still pouring out of Marisa's nose
2:48 Claire is trying to be helpful and brings every bath towel in the house to the dining room
We used up 2 of them right away
2:49 Mother of friend calls looking for her daughter I pass on information through my 6 year old while catching blood in a towel
2:50 Prez of athletic boosters shows up at front door to drop of information. In an attempt at sanitation, I wipe my bloody hands on my jeans
2:51 Prez leaves
2:52 Nose is still bleeding. But we are able to wipe off some of the blood that has crusted on to her hands and in her hair
2:54 Nose bleed under control
3:00 Begin to clean up the blood trail in our dining room
as well as gather up towels and jacket and other bloody trash
3:05 Friend of Claire's calls and says that her mom said "yes" to her coming here to play
I explain to Claire that we aren't going to be here. They work out a plan for Claire to go there while Nathan gets his hair cut. Then they clue in the moms to their plan
3:06 Tell Nathan that I made a hair cut appointment for him
3:10 Mother of another friend that came over after school with Nathan calls to see if baseball game is still on. I haven't heard yet.
3:15 Do Claire's homework with her
3:18 Get ready to take Claire to friends and Nathan to appointment
3:19 Hair place calls....can we come 15 minutes later than scheduled? Yes.
3:30 Take Claire
3:35 Drive out to ball park. Lots of standing water. Predicting no game for tonight.
3:45 till 4:15 Nathan gets hair cut. We all wait in seating area. We overwhelm the place by our mass numbers. I visit with a friend as her daughter gets her hair cut.
4:16 pull up to house and remember that I have to go get Claire
4:18 Pick up claire
4:20 Get home and listen to the 4 messages on my answering machine
4:22 Call Fred to say that coach called....no game
4:35 Speak with mom of friend who is still here by phone. She can't get him just yet.
4:40 Girls are watching TV
boys are playing gamecube
mom is thinking about pouring herself a drink
Now: decide that blogging the events of the last few hours might be helpful to relieving stress
But am going to have a drink anyway.











2 Comments:
That's hilarious Robin! I totally can relate! How's the bloody nose girl?
Wow, that wears me out just reading it. Sometimes it is better to NOT think of what we do in a day. It can make life overwehlming. Glad the nose bleed got under control.
Post a Comment
<< Home