Friday, October 26, 2007
MRI Update
Orthopedic specialist called last week to let me know that the doctor could see me on January 3rd.
Ummmm.
No.
When can he really see me?
If this was a joke.....then I was not thinking it too funny.
I was able to get in yesterday to the doctor's assistant. I had visions of a big needle with a liquid steroid being injected into my neck.....the pain disappearing and me dancing and spinning and skipping all the way to the van.
I did not leave that way.
I'm pretty sure i was crying.
Not a good advertisement for the people with arm slings and walking canes who were walking into the building.
The doctor showed me the MRI which confirmed that I have this super huge disc bulging out on the right and left sides of my spine....an observation the doctor had made and commented that it was odd I was not experiencing pain in both of my arms.....
So apparently I can't even have a 'normal' abnormality.
After some arm and strength testing, and answering questions about my health history dating back to my birth....the doctor decided it best to send me back to the hospital next week for additional testing.
Testing which requires needles sticking all over my arm with electricity shooting through them.
Not exactly what I was hoping to hear.
So after this next test of my nerves reacting to voltage....I should be able to get in and get some pain relief.
And if not, I will have to make sure that I am a very real, very constant, very throbbing pain in these doctors' necks. It's only fair.
Ummmm.
No.
When can he really see me?
If this was a joke.....then I was not thinking it too funny.
I was able to get in yesterday to the doctor's assistant. I had visions of a big needle with a liquid steroid being injected into my neck.....the pain disappearing and me dancing and spinning and skipping all the way to the van.
I did not leave that way.
I'm pretty sure i was crying.
Not a good advertisement for the people with arm slings and walking canes who were walking into the building.
The doctor showed me the MRI which confirmed that I have this super huge disc bulging out on the right and left sides of my spine....an observation the doctor had made and commented that it was odd I was not experiencing pain in both of my arms.....
So apparently I can't even have a 'normal' abnormality.
After some arm and strength testing, and answering questions about my health history dating back to my birth....the doctor decided it best to send me back to the hospital next week for additional testing.
Testing which requires needles sticking all over my arm with electricity shooting through them.
Not exactly what I was hoping to hear.
So after this next test of my nerves reacting to voltage....I should be able to get in and get some pain relief.
And if not, I will have to make sure that I am a very real, very constant, very throbbing pain in these doctors' necks. It's only fair.











2 Comments:
Robin,
Sorry to hear about your test results, I hope they get to the bottom of it soon, pain is no fun. I will continue to pray.
Keeping you in my prayers and hoping you get some relief soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home